SIOUX VALLEY OPTIMISTS
Time: Meetings at Noon
When: First and Third Thursday of the month
Where: Pizza Ranch – 2717 W 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
What is Sioux Valley Optimist?
- Sioux Valley Optimist is one of 2,900 service clubs of Optimist International. The Optimist International includes almost 87,000 members in more than 25 nations throughout the world. The international headquarters is located in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. This past 5 years our members have contributed over 1000 volunteer hours and invested more than $50,000 to make a positive impact on the lives of several thousand youth in the areas of:
- Buying classroom furniture and equipment for a daycare.
- Creating holiday craft projects for elementary kids to make
their own Christmas gifts.
- Providing volunteers and projects for weekend youth
- Donating school supplies to public elementary schools.
- Raising money for school lunch and other feeding programs.
- Supplying volunteers and financial support for a large youth
- Sponsoring essay contests.
- Donating funds to buy equipment for special needs youth
- And more
Although we come from all walks of life, our club members share one
common trait: We know that we can make a difference in the lives of others.
By believing in young people and empowering them to be the best they can
be, the Sioux Valley Optimist Club works to make this world a better place in
which to live.
What does an optimist do?
- An optimist is someone who always sees the bright side of any situation — a trait that can be either encouraging or annoying, depending on your frame of mind. Winston Churchill once said, “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Optimists believe that their own actions result in positive things happening, that they are responsible for their own happiness, and that they can expect more good things to happen in the future. Since each Club is autonomous and run by members in their community, Optimists have the unique flexibility to serve the youth of their area in any way they see fit. Sioux Valley Optimist Club sees a need in their community and reacts to it.
- We invite representatives of youth organizations to speak at our meetings about community
involvement, youth development and service requests. The Sioux Valley Optimist Club works to “Bring Out the Best in Our Youth, Our Community and Ourselves” by supporting youth projects and programs through volunteering, grants and donations.
What is our Mission, Vision and Purpose?
- Mission: By providing hope and positive vision, Optimist bring out the best in youth, our communities and ourselves.
- Vision: Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential.
- Purpose: To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed; to promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs; to inspire respect for the law; to promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people; to aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.
How do I get involved?
The Sioux Valley Optimists holds meetings on the first and third Thursday beginning at Noon. We have club membership dues of $100 per year. If you would like to give back to your community to enhance the quality of life for our youth, we encourage you to stop by and see for yourself how YOU can be part of improving the lives of our community’s young people!